Pages

Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Start of the adventure

Well the adventure has begun. I have taco soup in the crockpot to cook all night and then come morning the girls and I will be enjoying the aroma, but also the soup itself. The taco soup has tomatoes, corn, beans, and turkey meat as basics. Also, this soup is not really runny, it has a thicker consistancy, which my girls and I really like. Throw a little bit of Sour Cream in the bowl and grab a small handful of whole grain tortilla chips. Yummy.
I'm really hoping that when we get up in the morning that everyone will still be willing to try "dinner" food for the breakfast meal.
This taco soup is so good with the homemade taco seasoning I make. I found the recipe here http://www.theyummylife.com/recipes/76/Fiesta+Taco+Seasoning+Mix and the only thing I omit is the smoked paprika.
I plan on waking the kids up just a tad earlier than usual to have them stretch with me and ease them into some kind of exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment