Pages

Popular Posts

Friday, January 18, 2013

End of a long day (day 3)

I'm home... and tired... and am so glad I don't have to cook a rushed meal.
I got to chat with kids for a bit, get laundry going and oversee the dishes getting done.

We decided on fruit smoothie for the evening meal. We all love fruit and green smoothies and I usually make them dairy free. Some greens I use are lettuce, spinach, kale, cucumbers, zucchinni...

Everyone drank down a large glass and we are set for the night. Knowing the kids they will be asking for an orange or something before bed.

Smoothie Recipe: (for 3 glasses)

1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries
1/2 cup water
2 bananas
2 tsp honey
1/2 cup spring lettuce mix
2 small oranges, peeled.

Combine all and blend in a blender.

I will sometimes throw Chia seeds in my fruit smooties too.

No comments:

Post a Comment