Pages

Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Our first morning

Good Morning... both the kids and I managed to get up about,30 min for them and 45 min for me, earlier than usual. We all went out to the front room and sat on the floor to do some light stretches. We put our legs out in front of us and just leaned forward a little and sat there for a few minutes letting the legs stretch a bit. It was kind of relaxing and allows for the body, brain and eyes to wake up. We did about 5 minutes worth of stretches and then I did 3 reps of 15 bicycle sit ups.. not bad. I couldn't talk the kids into those, but they did run in place for a full minute :) They informed me that they ran in P.E. for 15 minutes the day before and run just about everyday in P.E., so they didn't need to do more.
The house smelled wonderful and I was starting to get hungry. I dished up the dishes, put out the sour cream and whole grain tortilla chips and we dug in. After a couple minutes I sliced up an orange for everyone to share.. trying to get some fruit in their bodies.
Everyone ate it all! I was so suprised and extremely pleased. Especially when one the girls, Bailey, stood up and said she was full and that she never gets full at breakfast.
Hooray!

I fixed the girls lunches to take to school and my lunch to take to work. My girls don't particularly care for sandwiches so lunches are challenging.
Today Bailey had a bagel and cream cheese (her all time favorite) and Brooke had leftovers fromt the night before, which was chibatta bread with mozzarella cheese slice, tomato and basil. I heated the bread in a fry pan with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. She liked it so much that she wanted it or school lunch. I also throw about 2-3 other random items in there like, gogurts, apple sauce, apples, bananas, cookies, breakfast bars, trail mix, clementines... etc... oh and a water bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment