Pages

Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Not so great a day

I had Chicken Cacciatore in the freezer and pulled it out last night. The intent was to bake it in the morning for breakfast, along with some sweet potatoe fries. I had made this for the crockpot, but we found that we didn't like the results of chicken when it's cooked in the crockpot. I got up at 5am and stuck the chicken in the oven, but because it was still partially frozen it wasn't ready at 6am when the kids were ready to eat... so cereal and toaster struedals for one and oatmeal and orange juice for me. Bailey was sick with a fever and horrible cough so she stayed home. I piled mandarines, apples, banana's and apple sauce on a stool in front of the catch and gave her some Advil. I had to head off to work for a few hours and then I jetted back home to finish working at home so I could watch her.

I ended up warming up the chicken and baking some fries, which they didn't like and went off to make their own dinner. Sigh.... it's really hard sometimes to please them both.

Tomorrow morning is turkey meatball sandwiches and I know they both love these.

No comments:

Post a Comment